1 queen Myrmica rubra colony +10 plus workers
Myrmica Rubra fresh queen with 15+workers.
Myrmica Rubra (European Fire Ant)
Exciting fast growing species that is great to watch
• Humidity requirements: 30–50%
• Temperature requirements: 15–30 °C
• Hibernation: October-March at 15°C
• Suggested housing: Wakooshi Ant Farm Modules, Acrylic, Ytong, Soil, Very adaptable
• Nutrition: Sugars from honey or sugar water. Protein from insect sources such as fruit flies
• Colony size: 1-10,000+ (colonies can grow extremely rapidly)
• Queen size: 5–6 mm
• Worker size: 4-5 millimeters
• Monogyne/polygyne: Polygyne (Can be multiple Queens per colony)
Warning: Carry a mild sting so handle with care.
Myrmica Rubra, or the European Fire Ant, is a semi easy species to keep. They form large colonies with multiple queens and require both a high intake of insects and a high level of humidity. Queen Can easily be mistaken for a worker but still has a larger thorax and abdomen fitting of an ant queen. This species loves protein. Provide this in the form of insects such as fruit flies, mealworms, crickets, beetles.